Find all gastrointestinal bleeding at once
Actim Combi® Hemoglobin Transferrin is an easy-to-use rapid test for complete detection of gastrointestinal bleeding. The test detects two biomarkers for fecal occult blood: hemoglobin and transferrin. This dual detection reveals bleeding throughout the gastrointestinal tract. The advanced and unique design of Actim Combi Hemoglobin Transferrin offers a very user-friendly and hygienic solution for both patients and professionals.
Feces don’t normally contain measurable amounts of blood, thus occult blood in feces is a sign of bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract. This may be caused by, for example, hemorrhoids, but may also be a sign of colorectal cancer.
Actim Combi Hemoglobin Transferrin is intended to detect bleeding in the whole gastrointestinal tract even when there are no visible signs. The simple and non-invasive test procedure increases patients’ willingness to take the test. Early diagnosis of occult bleeding is crucial and can lead to life saving treatment.
- Quick and accurate screening of fecal occult blood
- Covers the whole gastrointestinal tract by detecting two biomarkers
- No dietary restrictions are required before testing
- Exceptionally hygienic and convenient sample collection
- Easy-to-use one-step dipstick test
- Gives results on the spot in just 10 minutes
- No laboratory resources or sample processing is needed
- The test kit contains all necessary materials and can be stored at room temperature
How Actim Combi Hemoglobin Transferrin works
The Actim Combi® Hemoglobin Transferrin rapid test is based on highly specific antibodies and simultaneous detection of two biomarkers: human hemoglobin and transferrin. Hemoglobin indicates bleeding in the lower gastrointestinal tract, whereas transferrin is a stable marker for occult bleeding in both the upper and lower gastrointestinal tract.
Because the test is specific to human hemoglobin and transferrin only, no dietary restrictions concerning red meat, or vegetables and fruits with peroxidese activity, are required. As a result, the test can be taken at any time.
Actim Combi Hemoglobin Transferrin detects gastrointestinal bleeding even before visible signs and helps to avoid unnecessary, uncomfortable, and costly exams.
The innovative leak-proof sample tube allows hygienic sample collection – even at home. The sampling device automatically adjusts the amount of sample, which ensures that test results are always consistent. The whole test can be carried out without opening the tube cap. This guarantees clean and user-friendly testing. After sample collection, the sample tube can be stored at room temperature for up to one week, which enables taking multiple samples on various days.
- The oxygen-carrying molecule in red blood cells
- Released into the digestive tract when gastrointestinal bleeding occurs
- An iron-binding plasma glycoprotein
- Like hemoglobin, transferrin enters stool through bleeding, but it is resistant to proteolytic activity and is less degraded in the gastrointestinal tract
How Actim Combi Hemoglobin Transferrin helps
Accurate detection of invisible amounts of blood in feces is essential for early diagnosis and treatment. For example, the five-year survival rate of colorectal cancer is up to 90% in early-diagnosed cases, but declines rapidly if the cancer has progressed further.
The simple and non-invasive test procedure increases the patients’ willingness to take the test, and makes Actim Combi® Hemoglobin Transferrin an optimal screening tool. Unlike traditional guaiac tests, Actim Combi Hemoglobin Transferrin does not interfere with food substances containing hemoglobin or peroxidase activity.
Actim Combi Hemoglobin Transferrin for comprehensive and convenient testing
- Quick and accurate screening of fecal occult blood
- Better coverage with dual detection of two biomarkers
- Innovative design for exceptionally hygienic sample handling
- No need for laboratory facilities
- Immediate testing, and access to results, without dietary restrictions
- Medical attention can be directed to patients who need it
- Reduces unnecessary, uncomfortable, and costly exams
How to use Actim Combi Hemoglobin Transferrin
Actim® Combi Hemoglobin Transferrin test kit contains all necessary materials and can be stored at room temperature: 2–30 °C.
- Collect sample
Open the Specimen Dilution Buffer tube and take some feces using the sampling stick attached to the screw cap. Twist the stick in different places in the feces sample.
Put the sampling stick back into the tube by pushing the stick trough the cone and close the cap tightly. Shake the tube to suspend the specimen in the buffer.
Use the sharp tip of the perforating device (dipstick) to puncture the perforation area in the bottom of the buffer tube then push the device into the tube until the stopper prevents it going further.
- Activate the test
Slowly invert the tube upside down once and immediately place the tube on the table in an upright position.
It is important that the inverting movement is not too abrupt, a peaceful inversion is vital for the correct performance of the test. Also, the tube must not remain upside down.
- Interpret results
The result can be interpreted as positive as soon as one blue line or one red and or both blue and red lines, and one black line become visible in the result area. If, in addition to the black control line you see: One blue line in the lower part of the result area, the result is hemoglobin positive. One red line in the middle part of the result area, the result is transferrin positive. One blue line and one red line in the result area, the result is hemoglobin and transferrin positive.
The negative result should be read at 10 minutes: no blue or red lines in the result area.
How to order Actim Combi Hemoglobin Transferrin
Actim® Combi Hemoglobin Transferrin test kit contains 20 tests and the following items:
- Dipsticks in perforating device
- Specimen Dilution Buffer tubes
- Test instructions for use
- Sampling instructions for use
- Actim Combi Hemoglobin Transferrin 20 test kit, ref: 30322ETAC
Actim Combi Hemoglobin Transferrin brochures
Actim Combi Hemoglobin Transferrin instructions for use
How to get Actim Combi Hemoglobin Transferrin
Actim rapid tests are used by medical professionals worldwide. To ensure a prompt delivery, Actim tests are distributed via local companies.
Disclaimer: Product availability and/or labeling may vary from country to country and is subject to varying regulatory requirements. Please contact your local representative for availability.