Quick CRP results from just one drop
Actim® CRP is a rapid, semiquantitative and highly specific bedside test for C-reactive protein (CRP) detection.
Overuse of antibiotics may have devastating consequences. Antibiotics are often unnecessarily used for the treatment of viral infections, when they should only be prescribed to patients with bacterial infections. The combination of careful clinical assessment and serum CRP level measurement is an effective method for estimating whether a patient has bacterial or viral infection.
Actim CRP is a quick and convenient test that determines CRP levels and estimates if an infection is viral or bacterial. The test delivers reliable results in just five minutes, allowing you to assess whether there is a need for antibiotics or additional tests. Thus, proper medical treatment can be started already at the point of care.
- Easy-to-use, fast and accurate dipstick test
- Can be used by all medical staff
- Suitable for all patients
- Only a small drop of blood from the fingertip is needed (EDTA, citrate, or heparin blood can also be used)
- Wide measurement range with three different detection limits for serum CRP concentration: 10–40 mg/l, 40–80 mg/l, >80 mg/l
- Provides test results at the bedside in just 5 minutes
- The test kit contains all necessary materials and can be stored at room temperature
- No laboratory equipment, maintenance, or calibration is needed
How Actim CRP works
CRP is an acute-phase protein that the human body rapidly produces in response to infection, inflammation, and tissue damage. At the beginning of an infection, CRP levels rise exponentially until reaching a peak at 48 hours. Serum CRP levels can be used to differentiate bacterial infections from viral infections, as CRP concentrations are significantly higher when bacterial infection occurs. CRP concentrations can also decrease quickly when medical treatment is effective.
Actim® CRP rapid test is based on monoclonal antibodies that are highly specific to CRP. The test covers all clinically relevant CRP levels, with three different detection limits:
- 10–40 mg/l
- 40–80 mg/l
- >80 mg/l
How Actim CRP helps
Easy-to-use Actim® CRP rapid bedside test offers a quick method for C-reactive protein level detection and provides essential information for urgent decisions, facilitating proper medical treatment. The test is perfectly suitable and efficient for outpatient care – whenever or wherever accurate and reliable results are needed.
Rapid test for rapid treatment anytime and anywhere
- Only a small drop of blood is needed
- Simple sample collection is useful with kids and other patients afraid of blood tests
- Especially beneficial when laboratory services are not available: schools, nursing homes, at work, prisons, military camps etc.
- Provides immediate CRP results for emergency rooms and intensive care units
How to use Actim CRP
Actim® CRP test kit contains all necessary materials and can be stored at room temperature: 2–25 °C.
- Collect a blood sample
Use a lancet to obtain a drop of blood from a fingertip. Take the sample with the 10 ml capillary (comes with the kit).
EDTA, citrate or heparin blood can also be used as a sample.
- Dilute the sample
Immediately drop the capillary into the Specimen Dilution Buffer. Mix the sample by inverting the tube upside down 10–15 times.
- Activate the test
Place the yellow dip area of the dipstick into the diluted sample. Hold it there until you see the liquid front enter the result area.
Remove the dipstick from the solution and place it in a horizontal position.
- Interpret test results
A positive result can be read as soon as it becomes visible. One blue line = CRP 10–40 mg/l, two blue lines = CRP 40–80 mg/l, three blue lines = CRP >80 mg/ml
A negative result should be confirmed at 5 minutes. Only a red control line is visible (no blue lines) = CRP <10 mg/l
How to order Actim CRP
Actim® CRP test kit contains 20 tests and it is available in one size. The test pouch contains:
- Dipstick (individually packed)
- Specimen Dilution Buffer
- Instructions for use
Each kit contain a vial of 10 ml end-to-end capillaries (20 pieces).
- Actim CRP 20 test kit, ref. 31031ETAC
Actim CRP instructions for use
How to get Actim CRP
Actim rapid tests are used by medical professionals worldwide. To ensure a prompt delivery, Actim tests are distributed via local companies.
Disclaimer: Product availability and/or labeling may vary from country to country and is subject to varying regulatory requirements. Please contact your local representative for availability.